Want to make radio? Join 91.3FM CJTR and learn how!
Do you love making podcasts or music mixes for your friends? Are you passionate about issues that are important to your community? Take all that glittering energy and turn it into radio gold! 91.3FM CJTR, Regina Community Radio, is now actively seeking and accepting new program applications. We feature diverse and unique programming created and delivered by volunteers: people-powered radio! Here are some volunteer opportunities at the radio station:
- Become the host of your own radio show: music or talk radio (spoken-word), we want to hear it.
- No time for a regular program? Apply to be a contributor to The Monkey’s Paw, a volunteer-training program, or to become a co-host of an existing show.
- Apply to be a guest host artist on our artist-in-residence radio program Plain A.I.R.
- Learn the technical aspects of making radio by engineering a program or helping with remote broadcasts and pre-recorded sessions.
- Fundraise for the station by helping out with the CJTR Music Garage Sale, the Look and Listen Lottery and Radiothon.
- Join the Board of Directors to learn what it takes to operate a radio station.
- Training to become a radio programmer
- On-going access to workshops and lectures related to radio production and communications
- Opportunity to engage with the community on behalf of CJTR (host events, concerts, conventions, etc.)
How to apply:
- Purchase a membership to CJTR ($25 per annum)*.
- Fill out a program application form or pick one up at the station.
- Please include a short bio and photo or image that can be used for promotional purposes.
Please send your application to Amber Goodwyn, Operations and Production Manager, at email@example.com or drop it off in person during business hours at: 1102 8th Avenue #301 (3rd floor of the GMC building, corner of Winnipeg Street) or mail it to the address below.