Plain A.I.R (February 2016): My Electric with Ernie Dulanowsky / Pulsewidth
The February edition of Plain A.I.R. is My Electric, hosted by Ernie Dulanowsky, a.k.a. Pulsewidth. My Electric intends to provide insight to popular techniques and disciplines used in the practice of electronic music and sound art, through live performances and recorded examples. Each episode will explore topics like electroacoustic improvisation, noise/drone music, modular synthesizers, field recordings and more.
Plain A.I.R is an artists-in-residence radio program, a live radio “space”, which encourages creative expression and experimentation. Each month Plain A.I.R features a new local artist, DJ, musician, band or community member as a guest host who programs a month’s worth of live, weekly radio shows. The program airs Saturday afternoons from 2-4pm on 91.3FM in Regina, on-line at cjtr.ca, via our free mobile app and on channels 700 on Access and 806 on Sasktel.
About Ernie Dulanowsky: Pulsewidth is Ernie Dulanowsky, an electronic sound composer and performer using non-keyboard electronics to create ambient drone and noise pieces. His work is informed by the sounds found at the intersection of office building ambience and broken media transmissions. Some of his compositions can be found at
- October 2015 Performed at inaugural event for UNHEARD Sound Series in Saskatoon, SK.
- September 2015 Performance as part of Noise Pollution II at Nuit Blanche YXE 2015, Saskatoon SK
- September 2014 Performance of ‘The Floating World Remix’ with Ian Campbell at the inaugural Nuit Blanche YXE, Saskatoon, SK. Provided live soundtrack to accompany Campbell’s live visual manipulation of his short film, The Floating World
- May 2014 Opening performance for Japanese noise artist Merzbow, Saskatoon, SK
- November 2013 Performance of ‘The Floating World Remix’ with Ian Campbell at Soundasaurus audio arts festival, Calgary, AB. Provided live soundtrack to accompany Campbell’s live visual manipulation of his short film, The Floating World
- July 2013 Performance of ‘The Floating World Remix’ with Ian Campbell at Sounds Like… audio arts festival, Saskatoon, SK. Provided live soundtrack to accompany Campbell’s live visual manipulation of his short film, The Floating World
- February 2013 Solo performance for Neutral Ground New Music Concert Series.‘Soundtrack for The Cosmos In Which We Are’, a live, improvised sound piece created in collaboration and response to the kinetic, robotic sculpture by Pascal Dufaux entitled, ‘The Cosmos In Which We Are’
About Plain A.I.R.
Plain A.I.R dramatically increases community access to CJTR’s airwaves among local artists, musicians and community members. Plain A.I.R. also provides CJTR listeners with an opportunity to hear unique live performances, radio plays, conversations and to garner information about local culture from those who make it.
How to apply to be part of the Plain A.I.R. artist residency:
- Purchase a membership to CJTR
- Fill out a program application form and include the month you’d like to host the program for.
- Please include a short bio and photo or image that can be used for promotional purposes
Applications can be sent to Amber Goodwyn, Operations and Production Manager, at email@example.com or dropped off in person during business hours at this address: 1102 8th Avenue #301 (3rd floor of the GMC building, corner of Winnipeg Street).
About 91.3FM CJTR
Radius Communications operates a 91.3FM CJTR Regina’s community radio gives, which gives voice to our community through diverse and unique programming created and delivered by volunteers. CJTR is Regina’s only community radio station and will celebrate its fifteenth anniversary in 2016.
In striving to achieve our mission, the policies and day-to-day operations of Radius Communications are governed by the following core values:
- We emphasize choice, distinctiveness and uniqueness.
- We are open-minded and supportive of creativity in our community.
- We involve the community in radio programming.
- We strive for balance, working to serve a broad segment of the community.
- We strive to produce consistently high-quality community radio programming.