We are looking for a passionate Account Manager who will partner with our customers and ensure their long-term success in the exciting industry of Community Radio. The Account Manager role is to manage a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new opportunities. This position also manages any sales related staff.
Account Manager’s responsibilities include developing strong, positive relationships with customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders and preparing sales reports. The Accounts manager will liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams, ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and improve the entire customer experience. Our ideal candidate is able to identify customer needs and exceed client expectations.
Ultimately, a successful Account Manager should collaborate with our sales team to achieve sales quotas and grow our business.
TITLE: Account Manager
TERM: Full time permanent
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, CJTR
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Account Manager will be responsible for the management of all sales and sales related functions for Regina Community Radio.
The Account Manager will achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within Regina and/or market segment by effectively selling the CJTR’s products and/or related services.
The Account Manager personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers in coordination with the Sales Representative.
The Account Manager will be an effective decision-maker, able to manage competing priorities under the time pressures of a broadcast organization, with the prestige and credibility to follow decisions through to successful task completion.
The Account Manager will have superior skills at planning and organizing, while sustaining an environment that encourages personal and organizational growth.
The Account Manager will be accountable and will be able to balance organizational, team and individual commitments within the context of CJTR’s community and regulatory commitments and our traditions of quality and professionalism.
The Account Manager will work with the Production Coordinator to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our products.
· Performs sales activities on the majority of accounts in coordination with the Sales Representative
· Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profit
· Manages and works with Sales Representative to perform sales activities on all accounts.
· Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
· Manages advertising clients.
· Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to exceed sales quotas
· Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
· Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment
· Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
· Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
· Prepare reports on account status
· Negotiates sales price and discounts in consultation with the Executive Director.
· Reviews progress of sales roles throughout the company.
· Coordinates proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales results.
· Formulates all sales policies, practices and procedures in consultation with Executive Director.
· Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
· Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
· Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
· Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
· Account collection as needed.
· Assistance with production of ads, (if needed).
· Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Progressive, related, proven work experience as an account manager , radio background is an asset
· Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
· Proven ability to manage multiple account management projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
· Meets all screening requirements required by CJTR
· Working understanding of CJTR’s programs and services
· Valid Drivers Licence
· BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field, at a minimum some post-secondary studies
· Solid experience with MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
· Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills