Updated daily; check back often!
Tune in and pledge your support! http://cjtr.ca/donate
DAY 8 – FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 - 7am to 5pm
· Wake and Break (7-9am): Ben Valiaho gets your morning started right with afrobeat, funk and more!
· Gender Talk Radio (10am-12pm): Stephanie hosts a special two hour edition of the show, featuring news and conversation about the sex and gender diverse community.
· Urban Rhapsody (1-3pm): R&B, hip-hop and more!
· The Josh Special Pop-Up Show (3-4pm): Josh and guest co-host Jesse invite Val Halla and Ava Wild on for some liver performances and conversation.
· Grand-Finale Friday Edition Of "Boss Radio" (4 to 6 pm): Will Be All-Canadian and Nuthin' But...Why? BECAUSE I CAN 😈
DAY 7 – THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 28 - 7am to midnight
· Biscuits & Gravy (7-9am): Ever wondered what some of your favourite Regina musicians sing along to when no one's looking? Host Kelly Cairns has interviewed a few of Regina's finest for the Radiothon edition of Biscuits and Gravy.
· On The Air Story Emporium (1-3pm): Host Vincent Murphy’s eclectic program will feature live reports on the half hour by Sammy Sammich direct from Pinkie. Sammy's creating a list of 150 reasons (sesquicentennially) why people should support CJTR.
· Alone Together (4-6pm): Host Trent Reschny plays homegrown jazz music and shares some chats.
· The Prairie Naturalist (6-6:30pm): Host Jared Clarke shares his listeners’ nature stories!
· Just Drawn That Way (6:30-7pm): Host Dustin B explores the origin of comics!
· Queen City Improvement Bureau (7-8pm): Irreverent local affairs show
· Matty V’s Nerdcore Cabaret (8-10pm): A two hour, live session of Dungeons and Dragons podcast! An evening of mirth, merriment, and goblin slaughter.
· The Cockpit (10pm-12am): 3 bands (Computer Sweat, Friends of Foes, Wide Eyed) + 99 songs!
· MELT (12am-1am): Julian plays the chilliest of jams and speaks with Jason Legendre of Legends and Shayne Caffarata of Dad Faps.
DAY 6 – WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27 - 7am to midnight
· Pop-Up Wednesday Morning Show (7-9am) Guest host Jo (of Daebak) brightens your morning with two hours of K-pop and Can-pop!
· Chinese Connection (10-11am): For Radiothon, on the Chinese Connection, tune in for folk tales & mindfulness.
· Knight Views (12-12:30pm): Hosts Sherry Knight and Jim Aho interview industry captains and small business owners to discover their stories about successful business.
· Scotland Calling (1-3pm): TARTAN TOP TWENTY AND MUSICAL GUESTS. A hit parade of Scotland’s favourite traditional music and song through the decades. Ray’s guest in hour one of Scotland Calling will be one of the Prairie’s champion fiddle players, Mitch Dureault. Mitch is well known in Celtic music circles throughout Saskatchewan and is the newest member of the popular local band, Squeeze of Scotch. Pipe Major Iain MacDonald of the City of Regina Pipe Band (which has been featured with Sir Paul McCartney and Johnny Reid etc) will be special guest on hour 2.
· Muzyka Ukraine (3-4pm): Muzyka Ukraine focus on the best of of Ukrainian classics and pop
· The Bridge (4-6pm): Host Danny B plays songs about….money! $$$
· Bonus Round (6-7pm): PS3, wii, XBOX 360 news, reviews and opinions for your video game needs. Listen while you Wii.
· Caribbean Vibes (7-9pm): Ogee the Godafther spins two hours of the best reggae, soca, calypso and more!
· Dodecahedron (9-10pm): Sunny selects from underground rock, pop, noise, experimental music with a focus on female inclusion.
· Beyond and Back (10-11pm): Host Ryan explores the legacy and influence of the Littlest Hobo theme song, along with some favourite selections from his 25 years of community radio.
· The Comedy Grind 11pm-12am): Comedy, current events and more with Shawn and Jon + special guest comics in the house!
DAY 5 – TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26 - 7am to midnight
· Morning Scramble (7-9am): Host Jenelle spins sweet morning jams and is joined by brand new co-host Mel! Tune into their get-to-know-each-other’s-music show.
· Listen Up! (11am-12pm): Host Dave Morgan focuses on current, human and public affairs. This week he speaks with Mayor Fougere, City of Regina and Wendell Waldron of the Regina Chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD).
· The Redbeard Extra-Special (4-6pm): Jeff ‘Redbeard’ Corbett plays blues and lots more and is joined by special guests Jeff Mertick, and Davin and Judd Stachoski.
· Rear-view Mirror (6-6:30pm): Tune in as host Amanda chats about Regina history and plays a game of jeopardy!
· The Comedy Collection (6:30-7pm): Host Ron Bocking unearths old school comedy, this week with a focus on Spike Jones.
· The Rok Boutique (7-8pm): Hosts Kent Rocks and British Bazz play glam, rock, pop and punk and this week their theme is Album 2 – The Sophomore Special: the second albums of artists they love.
· Daebak (8-10pm): Regina’s only K-pop radio show hosted by Jo!
· Synesthesia (10-11pm): Robots from the 90s have taken over the airwaves to remind you of the hits you may have forgotten about/Devo has mysteriously disappeared...
· Operation Manatee (11pm to 12am): Tonight Chris and Cory are “Entering The Void”…
DAY 4 – MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 - 7am to midnight
· Jam n’ Juice (7-9am): Hosts Shawn Koch, Josh Fleming and Quinn-tern kick off the week with pop culture convo, tunes and laughs!
· Mists of Thyme (10-11am): Roberta Nichol, The Songbird of Saskatchewan, joins Ray in the studio to recall memories of Pemmican Pearl, Mr. Puttman’s Prairie Emporium and much more, including her recent appearance at the Regina Fringe. Join one of Saskatchewan’s all time favourite entertainers on this special Radiothon edition of Mists of Thyme.
· Toast & Coffee (11am-12pm): Jeanne Alexander interviews special guests of her weekly talk show.
· Game Day (12-1pm): Hosts Shawn Koch, Sideshow and Luke the Diehard discuss and debate all things Roughriders and more.
· Chart Breaker (1-3pm): Hosts “Chicken Shwarma” and Whistlin’ Jeff M” play the Best of 2017 So Far!
· Striving for Independents (3-4pm): Jeff ‘Redbeard’ Corbett plays music by independent Canadian artists with a focus on Saskatchewan and Regina-based musicians.
· Everything In Between (4-6pm): New show alert! Host Curtis Scheschuk will play everything from “classical to hip-hop, jazz to Franco-Flemish school of polyphonic vocal music…and everything in between”!
· The Road (6-7pm): A fresh country music show that focuses on ALT COUNTRY and occasionally expands to other SINGER/SONGWRITER styles. Tune in for a special interview with The Mastersons!
· Polka Power (7-9pm): Brian Sklar hosts Regina’s only polka show!
· Redbeard’s Blues (9-11pm): Jeff ‘Redbeard’ Corbett plays the blues!
· Music Buff (11pm-12am): Jeff ‘Redbeard’ Corbett plays little heard music from the 60s to the 80s!
DAY 3 – SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 24 - 5am to 10pm
• Spotlight (5-6am): Host Ron Bocking mines his extensive library to feature underplayed, classic artists.
• New Times (7:30-9am): Christian conversation and music.
• Square Hour (9-10am): Little heard, old-time music, selected by Ron Bocking
• Loak Virsa (10-11am): Music, conversation and information for Regina’s East Indian community
• Alhawa Araby (11am-12pm): Music and conversation in Arabic. Today host Naeila speaks with The Settlement Support Worker in Schools (SSWIS) program is a partnership that includes the Regina Open Door Society (RODS), Regina Public Schools (RPS), Regina Catholic Schools (RCS), the Conseil des écoles fransaskoises (CEF) and Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). It is an outreach program that operates within school settings to help newcomer students and their families settle into their school and community.
• Rincon Latino (12-1pm): A Spanish-language program featuring music and conversation, including special messages from the community and a chat about a recent Mexico City event for Radiothon 2017.
• World of Blues (1-3pm): Host Danny B explores blues from around the world! For Radiothon he spinsall live tunes!
• Borderlines (3-5pm): Host Rick August plays an eclectic variety of country music. For Radiothon 2017 he presents “The Best of Bordelines”; his first best-of in ten years!
• Navaye Ashena (5-6pm): A Persian-language program featuring pop and traditional music from Iran!
• Erica Show (6-7pm): Music from Eritrea and the Horn of Africa!
• RadioKids (7-7:30pm): Some of the older kids in the RadioKids collective host a Radiothon special as ‘Radioactive’!
• Rhythm & Gist (7:30-8pm): Blessing and Stirling chat about student life and invite DJ Dumo to mix some tunes live!
• Of Dice and Men (8-9pm): CJTR’s table top board game show explores public gaming and community building within the hobby with special guest Roxanne Stankievech with SaskGames, a community group that organizes public gaming events and helps connect local gamers in Saskatchewan.
• WAVE 54 (9-10pm): A show dedicated to playing the freshest African music peppered with lively conversation!
DAY 2 – SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23 - 6am to 2am
· It’s Time (6-8am): Local and international Catholic news and views
· The Jubilee Gospel Show (8-9am): Hosts Paulette and Milly play gospel music and host special guest Esther Hooper!
· The Spirit Mix Special (9-10am): A pop-up, returning program hosted by Brenda Valiaho! This special focuses on luck, chance and risk.
· Deeper Well (10-11am): Host Brenda Tacik presents “Three Chords and the Ruth: Confessions from a Life in Folk.”
· The Retro Attic (11am-1pm): Host Jim Aho presents a “Disco Dance Party”!
· Mehfil (1-2pm): Music and conversation for Regina’s Pakistani community with Laila and Aziz
· Pinoy Tambayan (2-3pm): Host Romeo plays music and stirs conversation by and for Regina’s Filipino community
· Plain A.I.R. (3-4pm): Artist-in-residence Daegan Harper (Doubt It, Debraska, Scourge, Son Howler, LOA, and Midnight 45) continues his month long foray into the wilds of community radio!
· The Capitol (4-6pm): Host Dane Imrie assembles a “Best Songs of 2017”…so far!
· The Prairie Lily Special (6-8pm): The Conductor in Black presents lots of excellent tunes include trucking songs and lady-led rockabilly
· Orange Whip (8-10pm): Along with excellent music selections, hosts Jordan Rothwell and Matthew Leier explore the world of cooking with the help of the cookbook "Microwave Cooking for One".
· A Hot Mess (10pm-12am): Ms Vicious announc es a treasure hunt, and interview with Striker and a special guest!
· Offstream (12am-2am): 2Beats and a Hat broadcast a live mix session!
DAY 1 – FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 22 - 7am to 2am
· Wake and Break – (7-9am) RADIOTHON 2017 Kick Off Show! With host Ben Valiaho and guest host Amanda Girardin from Rear-view Mirror, featuring an interview and performance by Nick Faye.
· The Listening Party (9-10am): Josh spins the brand new Megan Nash album ‘Seeker’ (out today) front to back.
· Sour Hour (10-11am): our guest will be B I. B is a musician and two-spirit organizer in town. They are involved in a Community Discussion as part of Queer City Cinema on "Two-Spirit and First Nations identities in Regina" on Saturday.
· The Sour Hour - Pop Up and Puckered (11am-12pm): Hosted by Cat Burns - Geanna Dunbar (multidisciplinary entrepreneurial poet, body mod artist, visual artist and community organizer), Sherona + Aaron Sinclair of Crushed Rockets (filmmaking and photographer duo), Carla Harris (poet, playwright, vocalist), Daniella (poet, visual artist and musician/future comic)
· The Monkey’s Paw (12-1pm): A special edition of our pop-up training show! Bust out the training wheels!
· Urban Rhapsody (1-3pm): An all R&B special!
· Noblesse Oblige (3-4pm): A special pop-up/one-off Radiothon special! Tune in for a casual examination of with killer bass lines with Julian, Brodie and Amber G.
· Boss Radio! (4-6pm): A rapid-fire, music-heavy program that recalls the glory years of AM radio, as The Conductor In Black presents the greatest Rock, Pop, R&B and Soul from the fifties through seventies on a glorious, two hour "Friday ride to freedom". Count on hearing forty hits (or more) during every two-hour edition of the radio show that DOES shrink time and distance.
· Pickin’ It Country (6-8pm): Reg Wilkie interviews up-and-coming country artists! Reg will be working the phones himself, so call in!
· All-Day Breakfast (7-9pm): Hosts (and brothers) Eric Hill and Ryan Hill play an eclectic mix of electronic, hip hop, pop, space and folk.
· My Electric (9-11pm): Canadian Post-Punk, Past and Present
· The Beaten Path (11pm-1am): Blues versus grindcore, and more!