The Plain A.I.R. artist-in-residence this month is Hilarey Cowan, presenting Current Temperature. Current Temperature is an audio experiment in calming informational services. Stemming from a long-held interest in (automatic) weather broadcasting and in response to rapid growth in ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) content over recent years, this hour of radio aims to intertwine these typically discrete types of service.
Tune in every Saturday in January from 3-4pm to listen or head over at CJTR.ca after the broadcast for the show archive.
How to Listen:
- 91.3FM on the dial in the Regina area
- Via on-line streaming over at cjtr.ca
- Via our free, downloadable CJTR app (available in app stores)
- Via the free RadioPlayerCanada app or TuneIn Radio app (available in app stores, search for CJTR)
- TV Channel 806 on the Sasktel Max System
- TV Channel 700 on the Access Communications digital service
- After the broadcast, on the Plain A.I.R page on CJTR
ABOUT HILAREY: Hilarey Cowan (she/her) is an artist, researcher and adaptable freelancer, working between video, sculpture, digital media and performance. After several years abroad she is currently reconnecting with her prairie roots on Treaty 4 Territory, while examining her place and voice as a settler within Canada’s colonial history and reality. Her work explores ideas around labour, care, alienation, networks, geography and touch.
ABOUT PLAIN A.I.R.: What happens when radio is considered a creative space similar to a laboratory, studio or venue, supporting expression and experimentation?
Plain A.I.R.is an artist-in-residence radio program that airs on 91.3FM CJTR, Regina’s community radio station. Each month the program features a different local artist, DJ, musician, band or community member as a guest host who programs a month’s worth of live, weekly radio shows. The program airs Saturday afternoons from 3-4pm.