CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: STATION MANAGER
CLOSING DATE: Monday, March 1st at 5pm CST (Regina time).
Are you excited about the possibilities of independent media? Are you inspired to work with dedicated community-minded volunteers? Are you looking to help amplify the voices of Regina’s citizens? We want to hear from you! 91.3FM CJTR, Regina Community Radio is seeking a Station Manager.
Position summary: The Station Manager is responsible for developing, coordinating and executing the operations of Regina Community Radio, under the direction of the Board of Directors. This is a full-time position, one-year contract with a possibility of renewal.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A love of community radio!
- A minimum of two years of experience in a management position;
- A commitment to community-minded values;
- Experience in the non-profit sector as an employee or volunteer;
- Experience managing budgets;
- Experience writing grants and reporting to funders;
- Strong, positive-minded leadership qualities with a collaborative, team-leading approach to operations;
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to improvise and make decisions independently under pressure;
- Experience planning and organizing multiple project timelines, with deadline-oriented focus;
- Experience managing employees and volunteers.
- Maintain smooth daily operations of 91.3FM CJTR, Regina Community Radio on an on-going basis, managing various project timelines to successful fruition;
- Maintain open lines of communication with the Board of Directors, staff and volunteers;
- Attend committee and board meetings as needed;
- Submit monthly reports to the Board of Directors;
- Complete and implement a new policy manual for CJTR;
- Identify growth areas for station operations in consultation with community stakeholders including cultural leaders, Indigenous elders, youth, independent musicians, and community partners;
- Assist in developing and maintaining strategic plan objectives;
- Apply for grants and submit grant reports according to deadlines;
- Plan and execute fundraisers in coordination with BOD Fundraising Committee;
- Work collaboratively with the Production Manager and Administrative Coordinator;
- Assign sales inquiries, leads, prospecting, and renewal assignments to Sales Representatives;
- Liaise between Committee and Sales Representatives;
- Help with copywriting as needed;
- Present policy to membership;
- Complete and submit the CRTC annual return and other industry reports;
- Ensure property managers continue the upkeep of the building and continue upgrading areas of the building as needed;
- Explore and engage in unique partnerships for the Community Partnerships program;
- Oversee technical repairs and plan for upgrades in consultation with the Broadcast Technician and Production Manager;
- Produce a quarterly membership newsletter;
- Manage membership benefit program;
- Communicate clearly with station volunteers on an on-going basis;
- Continue maintaining relationships and developing new relationships through outreach to record companies, musicians, spoken-word contacts and any other potential partners;
- Oversee the maintenance of the website and social media in collaboration with the Branding Committee and Social Media Coordinator;
- Implement the use of the Earshot Digital Music Distribution system for volunteers, musicians and staff;
- Train volunteers in policy and technical aspects along with the Production Manager as needed;
- Provide support to various board committees including the Programming Committee;
- Arrange and attend the Annual General Meeting;
- Write and circulate on press releases for new shows and activities;
- Develop and execute plans for the next phase of the Music Library;
- Maintain and enforce COVID-19 safety policies to suit the needs of the changing reality of the pandemic;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A University degree combined with a minimum of two years of experience in a management position. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Fluency and exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English in order to effectively and clearly communicate with staff, partners, and the community;
- Experience in preparing a variety of official correspondence including compiling and analyzing data and creating reports (written and statistical);
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint;
- Experience in the application of organizational policies and processes.
A salary of $2700 to $3300 (dollars) depending on experience per month plus paid vacation days, as well as paid sick and mental health days. Radius Communications Inc. fosters a positive, flexible workplace environment.
Radius Communications operates 91.3 FM CJTR, Regina Community Radio, which broadcasts on the FM band to the city of Regina, surrounding communities, and to the world online. CJTR is governed by leadership elected from the organization’s membership, which is open to all those who share its purpose. CJTR operates within federal broadcast regulations, providing information and entertainment, as well as an opportunity for community involvement and interaction. Radius Communications is a registered non-profit corporation. CJTR is supported by its membership, by community and corporate donations, by program sponsorships, and through the sale of advertising.
Our station does not duplicate existing radio programming; it is an alternative, expanding radio-listening options within the city. CJTR broadcasts in eight different languages. We offer an eclectic, wide-ranging selection of music, as well as spoken word (talk radio) including sports, public affairs, education, health, arts and other types of broadcast content relevant to the community. We focus on artists currently working outside the broadcast mainstream, with a specific emphasis on local and regional artists and events. We strive to maintain close links with the community, and between our volunteer programmers and their listening audience. We attempt to make community radio accessible to all individuals and groups who contribute to Regina’s cultural and community life. We offer a low-cost option for businesses and organizations to deliver their message to the community.
CJTR’s music programming offers an alternative to mainstream radio. Warm-blooded DJs select music according to their taste and expertise. Our programming is not governed by commercial interests. We have a variety of specialized music programs as well as open format programs that span many musical genres. DJs make their own musical selections, without the aid of the playlist, choosing from recordings sent to CJTR by artists and record companies around the world, as well as from their own private collections. We’re People Powered Radio!
Radius Communications Inc. is committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the community that we serve. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
- Three (3) references
- Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
The deadline to apply for this posting is Monday, March 1st at 5pm CST (Regina time). Please submit an application including cover letter, CV, and reference contact information by email to email@example.com. Radius Communications Inc. thanks all applicants for their interest.